8 Hour SAFE Comprehensive: Mortgage Law and Competency
COURSE HOURS: Mon- Thru- 7pm-8:30pm EST/ 6pm-7:30p CST/ 4pm-5:30p PST
**This course DOES NOT contain any state-specific content***
This 8-hr SAFE Comprehensive: Mortgage Law and Competency course satisfies the annual continuing education requirements for mortgage loan originators set forth by the SAFE Act, including 3 hours of federal law, 2 hours of ethics, 2 hours of nontraditional mortgage lending, and 1 hour of undefined education (elective).
Course Learning Objectives
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how to comply with pre-application and pre-disclosure requirements set forth by federal law and regulation specific to loan origination licensing, FHA lender registration, advertising, referrals, fee and documentation collection, and the exchange of electronic records.
- Identify requirements set forth by the Truth in Lending Act and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act specific to providing mortgage disclosures with the correct content, within the required delivery timeframes, and within acceptable tolerances for change.
- Identify ECOA and FCRA adverse action notification requirements specific to content and delivery time.
- Define the features and risks of nontraditional mortgage products and methods for mitigating the associated risks.
- Describe the features of FHA-insured and VA-guaranteed mortgage programs and how they meet the home financing needs of specific borrowers.
- Explain how provisions of the Fair Housing Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act work together to protect consumers from discriminatory and unfair housing, advertising, application inquiry, and loan decision practices.
- Identify the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act that protect consumers from fraud, identity theft, and unlawfully information-sharing.
- Describe the fundamentals of real estate valuation.
Check out our Training & Development page for upcoming webinars and available online courses
We also offer Pre-Licensing courses through a partnership with Learn Mortgage.